Saturday, October 25, 2008

Two stories having to do with husbands and glasses of water

First story:

Last night as I was brushing my teeth, Morten was already in bed. He asked me very sweetly, "Honey, could you get me a glass of water from the toilet?"

This request might sound normal to someone in the UK, where, as in Denmark and throughout the rest of Europe, "toilet" is synonymous with "bathroom." Clearly he wanted a glass of water from the sink in the bathroom, not actually from the toilet.

Knowing this, however, did not keep me from giggling uncontrollably for some time afterwards.

Second story:

A while back, I got thirsty in the middle of the night. There is a "headboard" across the back of the bed where we put our books, lamps, glasses of water, things like that. This night when I got thirsty, it was quite dark (understandably) and all I could see as far as water on the headboard was a bottle, presumably filled with water. So I reached for it. What I hadn't seen was a full glass of water directly in front of the bottle. What I did see, though too late, was that the glass of water was positioned perfectly above Morten's (sleeping) head.

The water spilled all over him, and woke him up. Due to his unfailingly good tempered disposition, he forgave me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

kkkkkkk
que esposa boa!!!
kaukauakuakauakuakuakauakuakauka

Tamra Watson said...

Thank you for making me laugh uncontrollably. HA HA HA...I think I would have had an accident in my pants....

I miss you a ton! Keep spilling water :D

alainapaina said...

You are both laughing now but it could have been YOU when you were my companions....hehehehehe (evil laughter)!

Cat said...

Haha, I am imaging the surprise on his face and am quite appreciative. I really wish I could have met him while y'all were here. That was the week my face stopped working. :)

joanna said...

Hahaha. I love it. I would laugh too if Stephan told me to get water from the toilet. He hasn't said that to me yet, but does say Washroom most of the time which is soo cute.
Don't you just love our Danish boys?
hehe