Sunday, October 5, 2008

Just a few tidbits

It has been raining off and on all week. Yesterday I looked out the window, down at the ground where I had shaken off all the rice that I collected off the bed from the wedding reception vandalism. The rice is still out there all over the ground, very swollen now from the rain. I hope there aren't any birds getting sick because of my angry shaking of sheets out the window rampage.

Remember how I said I turned my phone's language into danish? This morning Morten took an unflattering picture of me with my phone, as he often does, and when I smirked at him and casually went to delete it, I couldn't figure it out. Got to learn this language!

Danish is going ok. Except yesterday at the all day birthday festivities with the family, I was extra frustrated with the language barrier. I think that is because I am actually trying now, working a billion hard on it all week, and still don't understand everything, and draw a blank when people speak to me. Of course I wouldn't understand everything after just a week of diligent study, it's just more frustrating that way because I can't just tell myself it's fine because I will understand when I get around to studying. Maybe that's why I waited so long to try harder at it? Well, to quote Anne of Green Gables, iron has entered my soul. There is no turning back. Muahahahaha!!!! I'm gonna learn this ************ language or go crazy in the process.

My birthday was enjoyable. Morten didn't have to work a 14 hour day as he has been doing pretty much the rest of the week (flu shot season started this week, so the poor kid has been working his tail off). I actually got to see him for a little bit on a weekday which made it a very nice birthday. Also we had a family party yesterday and it was fun, and altogether I got some cool scrapbooking stuff and clothes, and West Side Story on dvd.

I'll have to say that I am really appreciating general conference this time around. We only saw the first saturday session yesterday, we meant to stay up for the second one but it was just too late. However, yesterday proved once again that Dieter F. Uchtdorf is THE MAN (among others who are also THE MAN, but he is THE MAN whose talk stood out especially to me yesterday).

I'd better stop writing before I go into babble mode. My husband tells me it's cute but I have an inkling he says that to be nice to me. So I will end here with a TOODLE-LOO! to all.

No comments: