Monday, October 13, 2008

I have a job!

Maersk has offered me a position as an HR Assistant. I will most likely start on December 1st, depending on the work permit situation. However, with a job contract and a danish husband, there shouldn't be a problem. I am very excited/relieved to have the "job thing" taken care of, so I don't have to worry about "what will become of me" or "when can we ever get out of this tiny apartment" or "will I ever have something productive to do again." It's a nice load off my mind and I didn't realize how stressed I had been about it until now when the stress is gone. Unexpectedly having a good job offer is yet another proof to me that, even if I don't know or understand all the reasons, even though it is hard sometimes, we are definitely meant to be here in Denmark right now.

Recently we went to Ikea and got some of our "wedding presents": new pillows and blankets (a blue one and a green one of course!), frames for some pictures we got at the distribution center like 6 months ago, coat hooks (necessary when the closet won't fit them all), 2 much needed lamps (it's getting to be darkish wintertime again), and the most fun of all - some pretty twinkle lights for our "living room" area, and the effect is very cosy and nice.

4 comments:

Nama said...

congrats on the job! hooray for denmark!

Pri REBICKI Prestes said...

muito legallllllll
eh tao bom presentes de casamento neh?
bjokas

Cat said...

Congratulations!! It's pretty great being a contributing member of society huh? ;)

alainapaina said...

Yep, sitting around has pretty much been driving me crazy.