Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Christmas


It's coming. And I'm really glad.

Last night when I rode my bike to the grocery store, it was already dark at 5:00 and cold too. But I somehow didn't mind and it struck me how very christmassy the air (already) feels. It was delicious! Inside the store they had Christmas decorations/cards/wrapping paper for sale everywhere, and blocks of chocolate and marzipan for the traditional Christmas baking.

That night we put on Christmas music while Morten made "burning love" for dinner (mashed potatoes with crispy hunks of bacon). I was bustling around, cleaning and organizing, feeling very Christmassy. Then "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" by Judy Garland came on, and we started to dance.

I think Christmas is going to be really good this year!

No comments: