Friday, May 2, 2008

Middlemarch in May

Denmark has a lot of holidays in the spring. You get the "winter break" along with basically a whole nuther week for Easter, then there are tons of little 3 or 4 day weekends along the way into May. Like this last weekend. Have a billion fun with my sweetheart, yay!

I've also noticed that whereas it is a particularly vile country weatherwise in the wintertime, the spring (and presumably the summer) is a particularly nice time to be in Denmark. There has been a delightful amount of sun and it puts me in a perpetual good mood. And flowers! And green stuff. Everywhere.

Might I also comment on the felicity of bike riding? Though cruising on the freeway with good friends with the windows down and singing energetically to loud music most definitely has its joys, riding a bike also has its own particular joys. It's very satisfying to arrive at your destination knowing that barely more than your own leg power got you there. And then there's the endorphins. All in all, even though I can't have a car, this really is pretty nice. Just more work. But I guess things that are more work are generally better anyway.

If I'm writing a little funny today it's because I've been reading Middlemarch. It's taken me a while to get into it (especially because apparently one of the main characters hasn't even made his appearance yet), but I'm pretty into it now. So...I'm gonna read. MMM-K bye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Muito bom poder ler sobre vc
AMEI
TE LOVI IU