Thursday, April 8, 2010

Baby's first hiccup

This afternoon I was sitting at my desk at work, when an uneven throbbing began in my abdomen. At first I thought it was my heartbeat (because sometimes my heart beats really strong in my stomach for some reason). But it was too slow for that. Curious, I put my hand to my stomach, but immediately thereafter the throbbing stopped.

After consulting with a friend who is farther along in her pregnancy than me, I concluded that the baby had been hiccuping but was startled by the pressure from my hand. I haven't felt very strong movements from the baby yet so this was a first! I loved it.

4 comments:

Wright said...

all of that baby movement is the BEST part of pregnancy! later - when you aren't preggers, you will have a nerve jumping somewhere in your tummy and you will reminisce about pregnancy!!

Nama said...

Aw, how precious! Seriously, I'm so happy for you guys!

joanna said...

awww, that's sweet. When are you due again? Miss you guys!

LuAnn said...

Oh my goodness!!! I am so jealous! I haven't felt a thing yet! Congrats! I hope I will start to feel something soon... You look SO cute I love your little prego picture that you posted! I am so happy for you!!!