Sunday, May 24, 2009

Stevns Klint

A few weekends ago we took a "road trip" to where Morten's parents were camping. On the way we spent some hours at Stevns Klint - another chalky cliff by the ocean. It was beautiful! Here are some pictures.




The white chalk looked great under the green water.















We loved the rocks. I took some home to add to our random apartment clutter.









A viking grave mound. It's incredible how they are just scattered around everywhere.



During the "road trip" we stopped by "Stevnsfortress," a tunnel cut into the side of the cliff that was used during the cold war years as secret surveillance headquarters for the Baltic area. Naturally I was curious to go inside but we decided to wait until we have time to stay a while and justify the price.

4 comments:

Jon said...

FUN! I love your pics! You look like you always have so much fun! I would love to see you again and to meet your honey bunny! (And have you meet my sweetie pie!!!) Let me know when you are in the states and we can totally work it out! Cause you know I am going to holla next time I am in Denmark! Actually that would be really cool since my ancestors came from there... See Alaina, do a little Genealogy and dress like a turist! Yes!

LuAnn said...

Ooops! That last comment accidently came from my husbands account... it was really from me (LuAnn!!!)

Nama said...

Gorgeous! I'm sad we missed out on this part of Danmark. :(

Anonymous said...

I've also been in Stevns Klint before. Love your pics!