Friday, July 30, 2010

Baby News

We went to another ultrasound a few days ago (the last one!) and everything is stil fine - it seemed like her growth was slowing down a bit but that was a good thing since she was so big the last time. At this point I'm trying not to count on a big or a small baby since there's really no way to tell what size she will be by the time she arrives. She gets the hiccups every day now, and also reacts very nicely to things like Morten talking to her in danish (planning mischievous ways to tease mommy together). She also reacts to music. Seems like her favorite music so far, or at least the music that gets a reaction out of her, always has a steady beat and a lively tune. She also has a strange reaction to the sound of running water - for a couple of months now I've noticed that she wiggles when I'm doing the dishes, washing my hands etc. At first I couldn't tell what part of her was wiggling, but now I can tell it's either her fingers or toes because it's very tiny and sort of tickles. Not really sure what that is about! It will be fun to see if she has the same reactions when she is out.

I confess I've been a bit baby obsessed lately. Sometimes I google potential baby names just to look at all the cute baby girl pictures. The fact is I just can't wait to see her and hold her in my ARMS, not my tummy. I'm also a bit anxious to get my body back - to turn over in the middle of the night without shooting pains everywhere, to bend forward without squishing my daugher, my stomach, or any other important things. But all in all I think I have had a pretty easy pregnancy. And I have heard from others that after giving birth they miss the kicking, punching, tiny toe wiggling, etc, and I'm sure I will too since that is definitely the best part right now. And like in any good story, I'm sure the suspense and anticipation will make the happy ending that much more enjoyable once tiny toes finally comes to join our family.

1 comment:

Nama said...

So cute! I'm glad you and daughter are healthy! And that you're enjoying the process. :)