Wednesday, October 14, 2009

faldera and fiddle-dee-dee

I was going to start out by saying that the main reason I don't write in here so much is because I don't have cute kids to write about and post pictures of. But then, most of you also don't have babies but you still manage to write pretty interesting stuff.

I have mostly only been interested in updating Camille's mission blog lately. She is doing great and I am so proud of all that she is accomplishing!

Otherwise, life has been good. No I mean really really good, even if I haven't been blogging about it. We love our new apartment and enjoy spending whole weekends cleaning and fixing it up. Now we have everything we need except a couch. Yes I guess that is a pretty basic thing not to have, but we are just picky.

Work is getting a lot more interesting lately. I am finally past the point of learning the basics - a process that has never taken me so excruciatingly long with any other job before. I really was given a rare opportunity by being hired for this job while so underqualified, and even though it took a longer time/greater effort to get up to speed, I have gotten to learn a lot in the process. Sometime in the past month or so I have crossed into the threshold of programming more complicated processes, and I find it thrilling. There is soooo much more to learn still, which is also thrilling. Yes I know I am a nerd.

Denmark is cold. I somehow forgot that over the summer. Today I wore my big winter coat with another light jacket underneath and I was still freezing. But at least the sun is still shining (sort of) for another month or so. And then it's on to the dark, wet, cold, semi-hibernating stupor for a few months. Gotta love the Danish weather.

Well that's it for now.

4 comments:

Wright said...

Alaina!!! Long time no...anything!! I love your blog - I stalked you off of Maren's blog! You look great and so happy! Y'know, you were always one of my favorite people - hope you don't mind me adding you to my blog list - cuz i'm gonna! So I can continue stalking you!
love, jenni

Anonymous said...

Denmark is cold? Wait until you visit Norway. It's always minus in the morning now in Oslo. I'd say I'd be happy to be in Copenhagen right now

Tamra Watson said...

Your sister's blog made me super trunky.

Pri Rebicki Prestes said...

hey alaina, you dOn´t have babys to tell about but your life in Demanrk is such amazing to hear...don´t stop to talk about.
love you...A LOTTTTT