Wednesday, August 19, 2009

After the Wedding

We had a good day Saturday celebrating our friends who got sealed in the temple the day before. Alaina did get a culture shock. Because we sat down by the table for like 4 hours, eating, singing traditional danish songs and listening to talks. But it was nice to be there and see the love they felt towards each other.

On the Sunday after about 6 hours of sleep it was time to get up again and go to church. Because of my calling and my counselor being on his honeymoon I had to go to a meeting at 9:15, so I went on my way there an hour before Alaina... On my way there I discover that I have Alaina's bus pass, so I had to head back and go with her. Which was very nice to be with her, but I missed the meeting. Church was very good as usual and we got to learn about Relief Society in the Priesthood Class :)

After Church we went home and got something to eat. I was really tired and had to take a nap, since we'd been going to bed later, but still getting up around the same time. After about an hour nap we were both tired and grouchy and didn't really wanna go anywhere, but we had to get ready and go to the Fireside at night because I had a part in it.

It is always (almost without an exception) to leave when all you wanna do is lay down and relax, but if you do the effort then you get rewarded big time, and so it was with us this time also. My part in the Fireside was to read out some sections from the Joseph Smith story in between the songs. I felt very privileged doing this and as I sat down towards the end and listened to "The Spirit of God" I felt the spirit very specific again renewing my Testimony of the Truth that Joseph did really see the Father and the Son in that sacred Grove 189 years ago.

It is wonderful to be alive!

No comments: