Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Closed Door; Open Window

As the title suggests, I have found another job. It's still in the same company, which I am very happy about! I will be a Prime Mover for some finance applications. For those applications, I will be the middle (wo)man between the programmers and the users of the programs. Kind of similar to what I am doing now but more IT related and closer to the actual programmers, so I am very excited about the possibilities - learning new things and gaining new competencies. It will be more challenging than my current position has been, and more rewarding. I will start in April.

Unrelated but vitally important (not really, I'm being sarcastic) - we saw both Twilight and He's Just Not That Into You this last weekend. Both were good! We normally don't go to the movies this much but there was just such a long dry spell for good movies, and now there are several interesting ones out.

We both have been reading the Twilight series (there are 4) and enjoying them quite a bit. It's fun to read books together with my husband - he is better at analyzing them with me than he is at analyzing what clothes I should wear. I guess there will never be anyone like sisters for that purpose.

So overall, life is good :)

3 comments:

joanna said...

congrats on your job. I worry about finding a job when I get there.
So, in other news, I can't get Stephan to go see the Twilight movie with me, nor will he read the books. How did you do it?
:-)

alainapaina said...

Morten says he will work on Stephan to get him to read/watch Twilight with you.

I guess the main thing that is hard with getting a job is the Danish. That is the nice thing with Maersk, they speak english. They usually have lots of positions open in Esbjerg if you will be anywhere close to there.

Cat said...

Yo! New post! Ever heard of it?